The Responsible Party
Precept Africa is the responsible party with regard to the personal data that you (the data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child) provide us.
187 Ringwood Dr, Pinelands, Cape Town, 7405
Purpose of Processing
All the information gathered from online forms will be used to personally identify users. This data will never be sold or made available to anyone outside of Precept activities unless under the explicit consent of the user.
Legal Basis for Processing
The legal basis for the processing of the personal data of the data subject is:
- (a) processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
Mandatory Provision of Personal Data
The personal data listed in section “Provision of Personal Data” is mandatory for the fulfilment of the product or service (contract) to which the data subject has or is applying for.
Provision of Personal Data
Once you consent (or due to the legal basis listed above) to the collection of your personal data through the use of this service we collect the below-listed types of personal data from you the data subject.
- First name, last name/surname, maiden name
- Email address
Consequences of failure to provide information
The consequences of failure to provide the personal data listed in section “Provision of Personal Data” is disqualification from access to the service.
Personal Data Recipients
The personal data of the data subject processed by the responsible party shall not be transferred to any third parties.
In the event that it is necessary to transfer personal information of the data subject to a third party the data subject shall be informed and the appropriate steps taken based on the lawfulness of processing
Personal Data Storage
Records of personal data will not be retained for longer than is necessary for achieving the purpose for which the information was collected or subsequently processed.
Where the data subject objects to processing the below listed information will be retained in order to uphold the rights of the data subject.
- Email address
Your data will be stored for as long as necessary to render you the services provided, or in the case of your withdrawal of consent.
The processing activities do not include automated decision-making.
Source of Personal Data
The personal information of the data subject was lawfully obtained from the below-listed sources.
- Directly from the data subject
- Publicly available information (Facebook, Instagram, Google Maps Directory, South African Christian Directory)
Data Subject Rights
Data subjects have the below-listed rights with regards to the personal data of the data subject.
- Right of access to information regarding the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations, where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
- Right to request from the responsible party rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
- Right to any available information as to their source where the personal data are not collected from the data subject
- Right to be informed of the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
- Right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards where personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation
- Right to be provided with a copy of the personal data undergoing processing
- Right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
- Right to object to processing of personal information
- Right to be informed that and what personal information has been collected when not collected from the data subject
- Right to be informed that and what personal information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorised person as well as security compromises
Data Subject Complaints
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact us at [email protected] or in writing at 187 Ringwood Dr, Pinelands, Cape Town, 7405. Our Data Protection Officer will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law you can contact the Information Regulator: South Africa.